View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #105
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I'd be surprised if my already-overburdened NAS device, which I just hacked with a web server to get the Chromebook access to the data, could handle anything else, but I'll look into it. I really don't like having to have another computer running, and while the Rasberry Pi would be fun, I didn't want the Chromebook to be the cause of another hobby.

I'm not about to send my wife to a command line! :-)

I got an html interface working, so we're set for basic functionality, but I'm still surprised how much the thing shuns any sort of local network technologies.

At least it has an RDP client.

And yet this cheapest of all Chromebooks has a 320GB drive! If not for a linux install, with it's limited local functionality, what on earth do they expect any normal chromebook user to do with all that space?!?
Maybe they couldn't find a reasonable quantity of smaller drives.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote