View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #41
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Seems to me that there can be no "unscammable" online review system. Yet everyone loves to scream about how dysfunctional Amazon's review system is. I say leave it the "anything goes" system it's (mostly) been all along. You can't fix it, and any attempts (like this one) to automate some—any—semblance of legitimacy is doomed to be viewed as tossing babies with bathwater. What's the real harm in the review system being scammed in the first place? I mean, any reader who makes a purchase decision based a handful of clearly biased reviews deserves to be parted from their $2.99-6.99 anyway (or deserves to be cheated out of the experience of reading a perfectly good book, for that matter). Seriously, how many authors' careers are truly hanging in the balance of disingenuous reviews (good or bad)? Just let the reviews fly; people are never going to NOT bitch about whatever system is employed.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote