View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Most contracts include an out of print clause anyway, I doubt there are many books that have continually been in print for 35 years, so the rights will have already reverted to the author.

As an example I know that James Alan Gardner's League books (1994-2004) have had all the rights reverted to him from Harper-Collins.

I also doubt that any work that has remained popular for 35 years is still on the same contract it was first signed on.
This, but it will be interesting to see if there is any fall-out.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote