View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #82
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Yes thank you that is what I was trying to say. Now there is a big difference. Here on MR we are allowed to talk about removing of DRM in great detail, implications for readers, publishers, authors. The one thing, of course, we are not allowed to discuss is HOW to remove DRM - the one leeway the owner of this forum (which is also enforced by every mod on here) has given us is to refer to the correct words to put e.g. google to find all that is necessary.

Not every book that is shared (with torrents) is illegally shared, so I did not want to open that can of worms.
True. Even Project Gutenberg uses a torrent file to make it's available books more accessible to the public for example. But it's true that a good many books are shared via that route that probably shouldn't be. Even Baen's Free Library has had torrents of it's books if I recall correctly. If/when Baen decides to change their policies on free ebooks (or enforce any changes they are currently making) I imagine that will be something they have to deal with as well.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote