View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #72
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheD0ct0r View Post
Awesome plugin! You rock!

Enhancement request - Would it be possible to add the other Calibre fields as options for the cover, like Tags and Ratings?
Prefixing feature requests with some sucking up is an excellent way to attract my attention, well done.

Tags and ratings. Hmmm. The flag that comes up for me with this is when you say "like". What that little voice tells me is that next someone will ask will ask for their #xyz custom column...

There are two ways I can think of approaching this. The first would be on the content tab to add a couple of buttons to allow you to add/remove fields, be they built-in ones like tags, or custom columns. Visually the column would be drawn on its' own line on the cover, sharing the same font/size/colour as the custom text. This might make the cover rather overwhelmed (unless you did text only which would look a bit boring!)

The alternative which I am favouring would be to allow you in the custom text field to specify a pattern using Calibre's template engine. So you could combine multiple values on a single line using something like:
Rating: {rating} Genre: {tags}

So you can use any custom column or calibre column you want, formatted however you like - publication date, isbn...

What do people think - does the second option (which is by far the easiest to implement) sound useful?

Last edited by kiwidude; 04-27-2011 at 07:19 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote