View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 AM   #53
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by A J Edwards View Post
The whole UK scene is extremely frustrating.
Believe me, it seems almost as frustrating over here!

Even though the US has access to the devices, you're right about one thing: The asking price seems ridiculous for everyone but early adopters (and maybe those whose business expense accounts can absorb the cost). I haven't bought any e-book reader (other than my PDA), as much as I'd like to be able to see how my books upload and display to the devices, and it's all because of that cost.

Further, these devices with their exclusive formats are contributing to the e-babel and DRM that none of us love, without even giving us the benefit of cheaper devices to kick off the price war you originally alluded to. So, as much as it's nice to have the devices available to us, many of us agree that aside from added publicity, they may actually be hindering the development of the e-book market in any number of ways.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote