View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #8
javierdl
javierdl began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
Thanks for confirming Hadrien

mocelet:
A considerable chunk is discounted off of the original price of the phone by my carrier. Reason why I need to get the phone from them

I know, I couldn't believe it myself when I found out about my carrier being Nokialess. I have to wait until tomorrow Monday to ask.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For now I have my eyes on the Palm Treo 700wx and the BB Pearl 8130. They seem to offer very good value (features vs price ratio). I presently use a Palm PDA (Tungsten T3), so I would find it very convenient that I could just plug the new 700wx to my pc to sync and that's it! Whereas the other one, the BB Pearl 8130, it uses a different platform altogether, so unless there's some kind of utility to import all my data from the Palm Desktop program, I'd have to do it manually I guess, and this would have to be painfull I would imagine
On the other hand, feature by feature it seems the latter one is a superior smartphone. Although the Operating System might be an exception, I really don't know this for a fact.
What do you guys think?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm back... added more @ 10:50am:
After reading about both OSs, WM & BB, it seems to me I should go for WM. Many seem to agree that the BB OS is not as good for multitasking. And after having a look at some screenshots of it, I must say I'm disappointed I admit that these screenshots were not taken from the BB Pearl 8130, but from the 8700v

JDL

Last edited by javierdl; 11-11-2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Did find more info elsewhere on this topic