View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
I wrote the following concern to Aluratek about there being no SD card with my purchase and this is the reply I got FYI

Pete
Staff Subject: Re: Missing SD Card with 100 books as advertised

Where did you purchase your LIBRE from? If you purchased your LIBRE from Sears, K-Mart, Best Buy Canada, ShopNBC or Borders, an SD card is not included with the LIBRE. These retailers eliminated the SD card to reduce expenses and passed the savings on to their customers. As you found the 100 free books are pre-loaded onto the LIBRE's internal memory. An SD card is not required to operate the LIBRE. It simply increases the LIBRE's memory capacity.

Pete

Date: 23 September 2010 10:33
SonDan

Subject: Missing SD Card with 100 books as advertised

All advertisements and reviews indicate that the Libre device comes with a 2GB card and 100 free ebooks.
I just made the purchase, charged up the device only to find that there was no SD card in the box or device. Just less than 100 books were taking up 90 percent of the Libre's internal memory.

How do I get the 2GB sd card with the 100 public domain books I was expecting so that I can remove the books from the device memory to free it up.

Thank you for your anticipated speedy reply.

Date: 23 September 2010 00:56
It is quite simple, if you purchased your device from someone marketing it
without a bundled SD card, you buy an SD card of your choice. Once you have
actually purchased, paid for, an SD card, it is a simple matter to connect the
device to your PC with a USB cable and remove the included book files from
the internal memory and place the books onto your bought and paid for SD
card.

If you bought your device from Aluratek directly and the sale included an SD
card, then you have a valid issue with the Aluratek Sales Department.

If you bought the device from any other company, and they advertised the
sale as including an SD card, then you have a valid complaint with that
company, but not with Aluratek.

If the TV ads all say your car comes with "On-Star" but the one you picked up
at "Joe's Discount Car Emporium" didn't have it, your issue is with "Joe" not
the car manufacturer.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-24-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote