View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
A quick comment - kumbaja and spacemonkey are both recent users of Calibre, if you go by their MR registration date. It's likely both are engaged in the time-consuming project of adding a pre-existing ebook collection into Calibre. When I was engaged in that project, I wrote a half dozen bits of code to make book entry and metadata fetching easier. Now my motivation is less. Like most other long-term users, all my old collection is entered, and the annoyances for adding the books I buy are far less annoying than when I was trying to add hundreds of books at a time.

Bottom line - it's not surprising that newer users have a bigger incentive to improve this part of the code than long-time users who have all of their library in good shape already.

Go to it boys - the part of the code you're looking at can definitely use some improvement. I look forward to seeing what you can come up with!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote