View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 03:52 AM   #1250
iostrym
Connoisseur
iostrym began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Kobo devices do annotations in two ways. They store annotations for all book formats in the internal database. For epubs and PDFs, annotations are also stored in files. The two annotations functions in the plugin work on these two different different mechanisms.

Personally, I don't recommend either of these. The "Backup Annotation File" was a quick and dirty addition that I don't find very useful. The "Copy Annotations" was intended for copying and pasting the annotations elsewhere. Depending on what you want, a better method to extract the annotations is the Annotations plugin. It copies them to a column in calibre with some reasonable formatting. But, if the purpose is to back them up and restore them later, there isn't an automatic way to do this. Some people have written scripts to extract the data from the database. A search of the Kobo subforum should find them.
Hello, I thought that Kobo devices were not able to do annotation in PDF ? And for epub I was said that annotation are stored in a different file. Is there a major modification concerning this for Kobo devices ?
iostrym is offline   Reply With Quote