View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
slkissinger
Connoisseur
slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Multiple Kindles, Pocketbook Touch HD3, Kobo Clara HD, Xiaomi InkPalm
As a general statement, unless you use the built-in collection management on the Kindle itself, any other collection management 3rd-party will mean that after you modify the collection memberships, you need to Restart your Kindle (Note, I said RESTART, not RESET, there is a difference!) so that the new .json file with your changes can be read correctly into memory.

So, that said; you could use either Calibre plugin (which I've used, it's ok), or the Kranf one; or I think there are other ones out there as well. I like the simplicity of the Kranf one; you may want to try that one first. You can put the executables right in a subfolder on your Kindle, and run it from the the Kindle. Just read and/or watch the video on how to use it.

http://www.applied-mathematics.net/t...onManager.html

PS: I never thought of using Dropbox as my repository for my Calibre library. I'll have to think if that's a good idea for me or not. Maybe!
slkissinger is offline   Reply With Quote