View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 07:05 PM   #82
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
A remote??? That would be extremely awkward. E-reader in one hand and remote in the other ..... ������
Actually, I do have and use a remote. For some applications. The tablet on its stand, myself in position (reclined, floating etc.). It can be definetly more practical than touch interaction; that is especially for quick rewind in dynamic contexts (video, autoscroll etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Can't they just reach out and push the button or touch the screen?
It would be uncomfortable in zero gravity. Or when your body is forgotten in the comfort of a position that does not hold the tablet. Then it is more efficient to move a finger than to move an arm. (By the way: my stands are not rock solid and vibrate like in a thunderstorm at tablet touch. Even though they are doubled for stability.)

We invented technology as a rightful celebration of laziness, better called efficiency.

Last edited by mdp; 02-08-2020 at 07:16 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote