View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #38
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Well I've been through this again and again. I cannot get embedded Italicized fonts to work no matter what I try. Figured at first something must be screwed with the Charis font files I was working with so I tried the Liberation fonts instead... same result. The regular font works when embedded but I cannot bold or italicize any words. If I remove the embedded font names from the CSS everything shows up as it should. If it matters I have been using Sigil to go the editting.
How were you viewing the EPUB when you decided it wasn't working? I'm not sure about Sigil, but if you try to view an EPUB with embedded fonts in the Calibre Viewer then bold & italic do not display correctly. The same EPUB viewed on my Sony readers displays just fine. I raised a Calibre bug ticket about it and was told it is a known fault. The exact response was:
Code:
This is caused by a bug in QtWebKit, see https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29433
I believe that QtWebKit is the cross platform tool kit by Nokia that Calibre uses for various things like the GUI.

In other words fixing it is not possible by the Calibre developers. If Sigil also uses the QtWebKit it will not be fixable by the Sigil developer(s) either. They will be reliant on Nokia fixing it.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-27-2010 at 07:02 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote