View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 04:01 PM   #80
Grimaud
Guru
Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650
Hello,

Does the length of series’ name has an upper limit?

I have a couple of books from series with really long name. Using NickelSeries and side-loading kepubs on my Elipsa with MacOS Finder, those books (and only those books) don’t have their series' name shown on the library’s page.

Every other books, with shorter series’ name, created using the same tool, side loaded following the same steps have their series correctly shown by the Elipsa.

I conducted some tests and if a series’ name is 31 characters long or more, the Elipsa don’t show those series and they also don’t appear when using the series tab or looking at the information page of each book (other metadata is correctly shown).

If it’s 30 characters long or less, NickelSeries is working great and all the books have their series shown on the library screen, the information page of each book and the corresponding series are created and visible when using the series tab.

The title of each book is created as ‘Name of the series [place of that book in the series]’ (so The Lord of the Ring*1, The Lord of the Ring*2, etc.) and regardless of the length of a series' name, the Elipsa is always showing the title (no limit around 30 characters).
Grimaud is offline   Reply With Quote