View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckrow View Post
All has gone well (screen even better than I remembered) except That I can't find a suitable backup program. I've had a lot of Palms over the years and I thought I had solved this aspect but can't find anything that works on OS4. The resco program I have is for OS5 and all the programs I've tried have hung the palm on restore.
Hi Duckrow,

which programs (for Palm OS 4) did you try? Hard to advise without knowing ...

I think before switching to RscBAckup on Palm OS 5 I once tried "Innerbackup" (Palm OS 4) on one of my Palms for a while. Did work allright with me then. But there are reports about trouble with this program later and that it was not working any longer. - Edit: Yes, it's not working. I deleted the link here. -

Ah, wait, something else: Did you try "UniCMD"? UniCMD (Uni Commander, Universal Commander für PalmOS®) is a program to manage, backup and exchange databases and files on PalmOS® computers. Its really a filemanager with many options and allows you to copy files from and to the SD-Card easily and work with them in many ways. (Far more comfortable than filez.) It also includes a backup function. You find the freeware here. It should run under Palm OS 4 but I can't test that for you.

Edit:
The name of another freeware program that did work with my Palms came back to me just now: Red Feline Backup. Try to download it from here.

Good Luck!

beachwanderer

Last edited by beachwanderer; 03-12-2010 at 09:02 AM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote