View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Orwell, George: Homage to Catalonia. v1.1. 1 June 2009

Homage to Catalonia is George Orwell’s account of his experiences fighting in the Spanish Civil war in the late 1930s, and the complex politics of the region.

There is a previously posted LRF version of Homage to Catalonia on this forum, which closely follows the Gutenberg text.

This current version has been converted directly from the Project Gutenberg text, with the following enhancements:

Replaced "--" with em-dashes.
Proper use of opening and closing quotes, and apostrophes.
Correct use of italics for emphasised text, instead of CAPITALS.
"Smart" italics. Italics are rendered on the PRS with additional trailing white space, which can look a bit odd if italicised text is followed by punctuation, e.g., instead of "Is this italics ?", I have chosen to italicise the subsequent punctuation, e.g., "Is this italics?", which I think looks better.
Fixed a lot of typos, especially double-hyphens where a single hyphen was intended.

I hope you like this version, and please let me know of any corrections.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Homage to Catalonia - George Orwell.lrf (233.4 KB, 550 views)

Last edited by ShellShock; 06-01-2009 at 01:16 PM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote