View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thumbs up The Bloody Shirt: Terror After Appomattox

by Stephen Budiansky is a recommended ebook read for anyone interested in the 10-year period 1867 to 1877 when reconstruction in the South after the Civil War resulted in state governments that represented both black and white citizens (known as Republicans). By 1877 the last of the Republican governments was overthrown and replaced -- violently -- by white supremacists who were known as Democrats. (NOTE: These labels do not reflect today's Republican and Democrat parties.)

It is a very interesting look at the time, relying on a lot of original documents.

I have not searched for other formats, I'm a Sony 505 person, but I assume that the book is available in other formats. The book is available at Sony Connect for $19.56; the ebook ISBN is 1429579803.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote