View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
These are some instructions to get a basic Metadata Plugboard specifically for a Sony.

Goto Preferences - Metadata Plugboard

In 'Add new plugboard',
in the 'Format' box, select device_db from the menu.
In the 'Device' box select PRS505 from the menu (I know you have a PRS650 but PRS505 is used for all Sonys from PRS505 to-date).
Based on the fact that you have used {author_sort} rather than {authors} in your Save Template I'm assuming you'll want to do the same in the Plugboard so ...

Set up 3 Source template/Destination field entries:
  1. Source tmplt = {author_sort}
    Dest field = {authors}

2. Source tmplt = {title}
    Dest field = {title}

3. Source tmplt = {title}
    Dest field = {title_sort}

Click 'Save plugboard' button - Apply - Close.

Now each time you connect the Sony to calibre, Calibre will update the Authors field in the Sony database to Calibre's {author_sort} field for each book on the device. It also does the same when you send a new book to the Sony.

You now have a basic Sony Plugboard. Set this up first to make sure there are no problems and report back.

It may not be very exciting so far, but next we can tweak it to suit your tastes for display and sorting of Titles.

[Edit: I've added another couple of basic entries in the Plugboard for the Title and TitleSorter fields in the Sony database. If they are missing I'm not 100% sure whether Calibre would automatically update the fields each time you connect. I suspect only developer chaley knows the answer to that.]

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-26-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: May be safer to explicitly set title, title_sort
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote