View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 02:26 PM   #552
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Honestly, why? Your instructions are much worse than in the Wiki. And the link to the Wiki is in the first post in this thread. You know, in that big red text say where to look for the instructions.

Hey David,

1. It contains a video, which is alot easier to follow than text

2. When I followed the sticky, I missed an important part and the result was a fail:
The sticky said
"In the area for shelf info, type #myshelves, series."
Nothing personal, but I prefer this, which is clearer:
"Collection columns field: enter the names of the columns you wish to use for collection."
I also think its more reliable to access that dialogue box from the device menu rather than plugins, because then you're sure you're configuring the plugin your device is actually using. (Because there are two different plugins. I think one must be disabled).

3. I wanted to point out that (AFAIK), adding the bit about 'series' is not necessary if you dont care about having series listed in your collections - and some like me don't actually want series to be listed in collections (AFAIK)

4. Also because I wanted to prove that no good deed goes unpunished. 🤣5.
Even if someone has a good intention simply to help others, there will always be some who will chime in with a criticism.
Even if that criticism comes after the person has posted and therefore will have zero effect on the future (and therefore clearly has the intention of attack, not helping others).
Though doing such does have one effect: a chilling effect making kind people hesitate before they try to help - for fear of being criticsied/attacked.

Of course, I'm sure your post has nothing to do with the fact that I criticised another member of the club on another thread
I'm sure you're entirely objective and would only criticise my posts on the merit of the actual post 🤣

I myself find that judging people based on only one or two things they've said or done,
or only because they've been in some conflict with a 'friend' of yours on an unrelated matter,
or holding grudges,
is unhealthy for the individual and the society,
so I just want to say thankyou David for the amazing Kobo utilities plugin!
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote