View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #59
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
Downeaster is correct - the built-in Launcher will have no idea of any other applications installed on the device. But being able to sideload any APK (including a launcher) is much easier than jumping through all kinds of hoops in order to root the device before being able to get into developer mode.

The only thing that I haven't figured out (and didn't figure out in previous devices either) is how to have different ways to get into the two different launchers. Since I'm in the Nook app 90% of the time I would like to have the short-press of the Nook button start that launcher. But I can't have it be the default launcher because I would never be able to get into my 3rd-party launcher. So right now I just have no default launcher and leave the "always do this" unmarked and select one or the other from the menu. Would like to be able to do something like have a double-press of the upper left button (yay physical page turn buttons!) start my 3rd-party launcher and leave the Nook button for the default.
Not sure if you can do that without root. The folks at the xda thread might be able to help you there. Have you ever used the Tasker app? That could help. Especially Tasker and Xposed (with root). Then you can remap the buttons for short or long press, or whatever. I worked with those once on my Boyue T63. I haven't yet dug out the instructions I followed then. They wouldn't all pertain to our Nook, but they'd be close enough to help you see how you might do it. Now it's finding those instructions...

Aha! If you are rooted, check this out. These instructions were designed to remap the page turn buttons on the Boyue T63 to function with Logos/Verbum Bible study software. You will need to adapt the instructions to apply to the Nook and what you want to do with the buttons, but this will get you in a position where you have access to those options. You could remap any button this way.

Last edited by downeaster59; 11-16-2017 at 06:15 PM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote