View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Interesting...You say the V3 has better contrast than the V5... I haven't seen a V3 so I have no knowlege one way or another.
Please understand that I am only speaking of MY V3 and MY V5. I certainly hope that most other folks do not have a bottom of the barrel PocketPRO like the one that I have. I seldom use the V5 anymore, and just keep it around for it's convenient size for traveling.

Quote:
The lastest firmware for V5 uses Coolreader V3 to read fb2's. Doesn't it give you the status bar across the top. I know for RTF's it does have the status bar, but I don't have any fb2 files to see.
CoolReader is the default reader for RTF as well as FB2, so the reader features are identical for both formats, although you can can make format dependent customizations using CSS files in the /crengine folder. I am currently using the Buggins' Lbook experimental firmware on both my V3 and my V5, so all the features on both readers are pretty much identical.

Quote:
The size of the file was not a feature I even thought about, thanks for bringing it up.

I keep all my master files on my PC and just copy the books I've prepared properly to my PP's SD card (with a few to the internal memory). Since I am not hurting for hard drive space, I hadn't considered size as a limiting factor.
I don't consider file size as a limiting factor either, I just tend to appreciate elegance and efficiency in the file format characteristics. After the first look at the internal file structure of RTF and FB2 in a text editor, I really appreciated the cleaner structure of the FB2 file format. I do like that either of those two formats can be easily edited in a standard programmer's text editor when I want to do a bit extra.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote