View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Question Format Differences Question

I'm confused. I've kept up with most of the entries in this forum and I keep hearing members say they prefer one format over another. I think that is fine, no problem here.

My question is... What IS the differences in the formats?

As a secretarial-trained word-processing expert, when you get text on the screen, (other than non-reflow pdf's), it's pretty much the same.

You can have paragraph indented or extra line between paragraphs. You can change your fonts face and font sizes, you can center your Chapter Headings, etc.

So what is it about the different ebook formats that causes a person to prefer one over the other?

I have experience with Word Perfect files, txt, rtf, prc/mobi, epub, and of course pdb. I have not had experience with fb2, ereader, lit, ???, ...

Can someone who is familiar with these provide a comparison to clarify my confusion .

Thanks,
AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote