View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #33
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
I really wanted to like Ian Banks. I stumbled on the guy while researching another author. The universes that he creates sound well thought out and the novels he writes have spifftastic plot lines, but after reading through three of them I finally came to the conclusion that I would rather get dental work with dull rusty drills than read another Ian Banks novel. Seeing as only one of his novels was nominated (and did not even make the finals), I am guessing that not everyone holds him up all that high.
Don't forget, he writes his mainstream novels as "Iain Banks" and his Science Fiction novels as "Iain M. Banks". An interesting way of separating his two chosen genres.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote