View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 07:06 AM   #10
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have had a very quick look at the logs you sent. For the example book, I can see:

Code:
Title               : La lignée
Title sort          : lignée, La
Author(s)           : Guillermo Del Toro [Toro, Guillermo Del & Hogan, Chuck]
I can see two issues with that. The title has unicode characters in it. These probably display correctly, but might fail comparisons to whatever is in the calibre library. I will have to do some experiments on this.

The other problem is the author. What is in the calibre library for the author? The match looks like it is using "Guillermo Del Toro". So, I'm not sure if it is the author or the title that is the problem.

Could you send me a copy of the book? Don't post it as it will the break copyright rules. Though I only need the shell, so stripping the text and sending that would be OK. And I'd also like to see the OPF file from the library. With those files, I should be able to reconstruct this for testing.
In the calibre library the authors field is complete, that is "Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan". In the SD card view the author's name is only "Guillermo Del Toro". But the folder name and the file name on the device are "Toro, Guillermo Del & Hogan, Chuck" and "lignee, La - Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan.kepub.epub" respectively. I send you the needed infos .
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote