View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Monthly 50 MB limit to Kindle Keyboard's 3G usage?

I got a message on my Kindle 3G today that I've never seen before.

I was using the browser when it popped up a message to say that I'd hit my 50 MB monthly limit of 3G Web access on my Kindle 3G. When I clicked the 'OK' button (which was my only choice, really), I got a second message saying that I'd have 24 hours of grace to continue to use 3G for Web browsing, but that after that I could use 3G only for visiting Amazon.com, Wikipedia, and the Kindle Store. Otherwise I will be obligated to use Wi-Fi.

Granted, I haven't been active on the MobileRead forums for a while, but this is the first I've heard of this. It came as a bit of a surprise, to put it mildly.

I did some Googling and found this article on Amazon limiting the Kindle Touch's 3G Web access, but still haven't managed to spot anything on the older 3G model being limited.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Has anyone had experience of being cut off? And will my 'global' 3G access resume immediately on the first of next month, or...?
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote