View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The last book I read before my Kindle 1 came was over 1000 pages. I had to prop it up on a pillow which made it hard to switch positions while reading. I was so happy to start reading on such a light little device. It's so nice when you travel, too. I read 10 books on my last week-long vacation. Can you imagine trying to cram 10 books into your luggage? And I wasn't just stuck with those 10. I could choose from thousands.
Oh do I hear you on that! On my last trip, two of the books I took (out of 4 total) were World Without End and Edgar Sawtelle, and I'd waited for months on a pre-order for World Without End in paperback to cut some of the size and weight. World Without End by itself convinced me I needed the Kindle before my next trip if at all possible (not quite going to happen, but will before my next trip longer than a couple days). While I don't mind reading for awhile with a book on a pillow, or on my stomach, my preferred position is on my back or side, and that just wasn't comfortably possible.

Not to mention I passed them to someone else once completed as I needed to free up weight in my bags for the return flights. So I no longer own them and can never go back and re-read if desired.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote