View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #13
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
Hi Gergith

Sorry I wasn't very clear.
Before opening the Kobo, my external sdcard used to fit in and out nicely. I can't really understand in which direction something is not aligned anymore, but the spring to let in or out the card seems to block a bit on a side...

It is weird because the front case it really tightly griped to the back...

Thank you again for the level of details of your tutorial.

Hope I will see more tips of yours around.

François
I've noticed my power slider on ODD occasion, when I drop it, will stop working until i press the top of the case downwards.

I didn't realize at first you were talking about the external SD Card Slot.

Since throwing in a 32 gig in my internal, i haven't given the external slot a second thought. I always thought it was an imperfect solution.

I suppose it's very possible to do a bit of damage to the housing that the external SD card goes into. On my own personal unit I don't notice the issue you speak of upon testing it now but, as I said earlier, I have noticed marginal issues around the slider for power/sleep.

This is why I warn everyone that you REALLY shouldn't do this This isn't a case that has serviceable parts, nor was the case even designed to be serviceable easily with tools, hence having to almost break it open attempting to access hidden INTERNAL clips to get the back off, instead of 4 screws. (also 4 screws were probably more expensive in terms of design costs, materials and raw labour Like how DELL switched away from screws in all their pc cases
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote