Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #374
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I don't think it really is a case of a firmware bug drawing excessive current. I think it's just a matter of the IR hardware getting stuck waiting for a "touch event" to conclude.
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Another possibility might be to shut the unit down manually by flicking the switch while the cover is still open in order to provide time for the neonode to shut down prior to closing the cover
I have several things going on right now and it's more than possible I may have missed something in these discussions. Perhaps some clarification is needed:
a) Are we discussing theories based on closing a cover on a still active Touch/Glo? Or
b) are we discussing events after a unit had been put into sleep mode manually? Only this is what I thought we were talking about.

If a) then there's no question that interrupting the beam is classed as an event with all that entails. But I'm in scenario b) myself since I *always* manually enter sleep mode with the slider at the very least, yet I am experiencing the excessive power usage. Consistently on th new Touch, intermittently on the 'old' Touch.

Obviously if we are discussing scenario b) then a bug is still probably the best description. There shouldn't be any power to the screen after entering sleep mode. The only activity drawing power should be polling the timer for entering full power off (if enabled) and polling the power slider to detect a wake-up.
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote