View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #59
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
It's possible that SC is comparing the cost of the iPad 128GB to that of Apple laptops, in which case her statement would be absolutely correct. It's also possible she's using reasonable in a more idiosyncratic way than it would seem.
The case for the reasonableness of Apple anything has always been based on comparison to what the comparer considers worthy competition.

So, the iPad is reasonably priced when compared to the Surface Pro and it doesn't matter that the iPad cannot run Office or other productivity tools, BUT the Fire is not a fair comparison because the iPad has hundreds of thousands of apps more than the Fire.

The beauty is that my wife can read books, watch movies, manage her healthcare, and play games on her Fire while I craft a Microsoft Access Database Application on a Surface Pro and iGuy autotunes the latest low brow television interview on his iPad. And that we all feel good about our choice of productivity tool.

Things only get contentious when iGuy or I try to tell my wife why her Fire makes her inadequate. Fortunately, my wife is not a poster on or reader of MR and is totally oblivious to her place in the eCaste system.

iGuy and I each are too self centered to care what the other misguided soul (who will undoubtedly be a data entry clerk in the next life) thinks.

So, in the end, BLISS.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote