View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
OMG, so funny. I saw the title of your thread and thought "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." Previous to reading that book, I could not write. I remember we would have these assignments in 7th grade called Monday paragraphs. All you had to do was write one paragraph, on any topic. It had to have a thesis, supporting points and a conclusion. I *hated* it. Struggled. It was torturous.

Then I read HHGTTG and it was mind-opening. Writing is like talking! Duh! All I have to do is marshal my thoughts into some semblance of organization, and then write it out the way I would explain it if I had a lot of time to rehearse and polish my key points. I am now always more than happy to sit down and put my thoughts on paper. It really was life-changing.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote