Thread: Battery Life
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #24
frankz
frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'frankz knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
That link also recommends a full TWELVE HOUR charge when first receiving one's LIB (Fire). Maybe those, who are getting low battery times until depeletion, should try an overnight charge to perk up their meters.
I don't know about that. Unlike most of my devices, I've noticed the Fire gets pretty hot if you leave it plugged in after it's fully charged. Most cut off charging when completely full, but I don't think the fire does.

The main takeaway is to do a full cycle charge every once in a while. Don't just take it down to 70% and bump it back to 100% all the time.

Also, the apparent quick draining may be a misreading of the battery status by the Fire's innards rather than actual short battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Thus, in 3 years at the most we will be buying the Kindle Fire of that year.
Not necessarily. You apparently don't have to even be all that technically adept to tear it apart and put it back together again. Basically, you need to be able to follow directions.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11...fire_teardown/

From that link.

Quote:
The folks at iFixit – as their name might indicate – are not only purveyors of DIY (and FIY) parts and tools, they're also strong advocates of gadget design that allows for easy repair. And they've found a friend in the Fire – it's easy to open and easy to reassemble.

As they told us in an email: "Two years down the line – when the battery decides to go kaput – it will be significantly easier to replace the battery in the Kindle Fire than its Apple competitor."
I think, when it's dead and there's nothing to do BUT change the battery ourselves, most of us will find ourselves to be braver than we think.

Last edited by frankz; 12-07-2011 at 05:08 PM.
frankz is offline   Reply With Quote