View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:30 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheichxodox View Post
I found some more pictures in a russian discussion board. Here is the translated thread (via Google Translate) with those pictures:
Sipix vs. Vizplex
Sipix vs. Vizplex (only the screens)
Sipix compared with a white background and perfect lighting conditions

Now the Sipix screen doesn't look that bad. It's background may be darker than the E-Ink's background but if you compare the blacks, especially on the second picture on top (the battery symbol on the Sipix and "NOOK Tour" on the E-Ink) then it looks better.

Comparison shots with Pearl would be great. And still no information if it has a plastic or a glass backplane. If the Sipix screens would be more durable and not so easy breakable as the E-Ink screens, I would be sold right away.

Greetz

Scheich Xodox
My Sipix screen is a bit grayer than my e-ink screen but the contrast is the same (I won't compare sharpness, as one is a 5", the other a 6" and both have the same resolution, ergo the 5" will always be sharper). And it has a plastic substrate.

Oh, and the Pearl screen will arrive somewhere in September (I hope)...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote