View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 07:54 AM   #458
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I was told by Kobo that there would be a Clara HD specific release and version 4.8.11090 is it. Most likely, the next time they do a release they will release for all the devices.
Let's hope this is sooner rather than later. For myself, I'm not too worried as I know these niggles will be sorted out eventually. However, if Kobo were hoping to use the ClaraHD to tempt a few Kindle-devotees via US WalMart, this is not the way to do it.

Rumour has it that a high percentage of Kindle owners only want to jailbreak their device to gain access to custom fonts and cover screensavers. Kobo started the week offering out-of-the-box options for both of these.

In ClaraHD launch week Amazon respond with the introduction of custom fonts including boldness control <sarcasm>what an amazing coincidence</sarcasm> and unfortunately the ClaraHD will no longer show a screensaver of your current book cover[*].[*] Actually not strictly true - if you only have one book open you probably get the correct cover screensaver.

ETA: Calibre users - see post #460, next-to-last paragraph for a workaround to the correct cover screensaver problem.

Last edited by jackie_w; 06-08-2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: ETA: workaround
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote