View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi,

I got a free sample of the M-W French-English dictionary, but following the instructions, I see no option for "change default dictionary". Is it dependant on having purchased the full version of the dictionary?
I bought both the M-W Spanish-English and the English-Spanish dictionaries, and have no problem changing to either one of those as a default. So yes, you probably have to buy the whole dictionary. I've noticed when adding dictionaries to the Kindle that they take a little while to index, so don't panic if you can't use it immediately.

I love having this option. I'm taking Spanish classes and depending on what I'm reading, I change my dictionaries pretty often. Right now I'm trying to read "Pride and Prejudice" in Spanish. Using the Spanish-English one is very helpful since my Spanish is not very good.

(I should point out, too, that even if you don't have the dictionary set as your default you can always just open it as a book and look up a word.)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote