View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #42
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane View Post
And not that it matters, but FTR Trane is a woman.
I knew that was going to happen the minute I typed "him", but I gambled and lost.

Don't give up yet! I'd like to see if we could get Sigil to consistently hang by selecting one particular image. If so, I'd like to see that image. So if you could, write down the name of the image you're inserting and if Sigil hangs, try repeating with the same image (after relaunching Sigil) to see if it hangs every time that particular image is selected.

Also, if you want to try a brand new Sigil.ini file like Kevin mentioned, you don't have to reinstall Sigil. Just make a backup of your current .ini (found in Sigil's preferences location -- Edit->Preferences->Open Preferences Location). Delete the existing Sigil.ini and a new one will be generated when Sigil is opened the next time. You can put the backup back if the problem persists.

Another possibility is WHERE in the html you're inserting the image code. Great pains are taken to determine if it's safe to insert an image where your cursor is positioned. But that doesn't mean you haven't found a loophole that blows something up occasionally. So also try to make note of the html you're inserting an image into whenever it hangs.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-28-2017 at 08:43 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote