View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
What are you doing in academic papers? Usually, you'll scribble a formula to the edge of the screen. Or you'll mark some text passages and link them with arrows or something like that.
In my scripts, I've rarely added actual text, it always was graphs, symbols and things like that.
With a touchscreen unit, you freely can jot onto your documents. And you permanently will see those jots, whereas on Kindle and other readers you usually hide those fields, because they would overlay your text.
The colleague I've mentioned in my first post, was missing exactly that feature on his Sony.
But, in my opinion (using some of my readers for "professional" purposes, touchscreen readers are closer to the "real deal" than the others.
All i'm saying is, the keyboard is more than adequate for taking notes. Also, on the Kindle, all the notes and highlights you make are stored in a text file that you can access when you hook it up to your computer. There is also the webpage http://kindle.amazon.com/ where you can access your book notes on this web page. I've found this very helpful in my Jane Austen class, using the sections I've highlighted and made notes on in my essays.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote