View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Buy the kindle and give it a test drive; you have thirty days, for both the KDX and the K2 to decide if you like it; if you don't, send it back for a full refund!

Since you mentioned textbooks I must say that the KDX's screen would be much better than the k2 and the nook's if only due to the size... PDF's show up really well on it, and now due to the update coming at the end of May there would be ever better PDF tools- Zoom and Pan- to work with.

Finding your textbooks, depending on the classes you're taking, might be a bit difficult. They might not be in the Kindle store, but if your professor for instance has the book in PDF you could ask for that... if you'll be working with PDF's I think the Dx is the way to go.

But if you can't find your textbooks in PDF format, I would go with the K2. There are over 14,000 reviews for it, at 4.5 stars, it has the largest selection of recent, in-copyright books and a growing number of independent authors submitting their works to the Kindle store, so that's books you won't find anywhere else.

The touch screen of the nook is a little too small for comfort, too me- I much prefer a tactile keyboard. Also, looking up definitions and making highlights is MUCH easier and quicker on the Kindle than the nook; there are just too many steps to go through to do the same actions on the Nook as the Kindle.

Last edited by Anarel; 05-04-2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Spelling, etc...
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote