Thread: Firmware Update Firmware update 5.9.4
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #75
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's entirely your choice, of course, and one which I completely respect. A preference to buy an Amazon-branded cover, however, does not equate to an inability to buy a third-party cover.
True. Similarly, a preference for using a protective cover does not equate to an inability to simply wrap your reader in a plastic bag. But that doesn't mean it is reasonable to expect someone to do so. They've spent hundreds on a device with similar functionality to one that costs a fraction of the price. It is reasonable that they will wait until an official cover is released. Buying a third party cover is not a reasonable/realistic option for some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I should add that I have one and quite like it, but I seem to be in a small majority in doing so. Unless I press the back of the cover to the device as I'm opening it, it falls off when I open it, which is a little annoying!
I also like the case. I've found that getting under the cover with my nail to open it means I can open the case without dislodging the reader from it. When the case is closed, it does provide moderate protection against scratches. But what I like is that when it is open and folded backwards, the fabric lets me sit the reader on my leg without it sliding around.

I'm surprised by how long it has taken them to come out with a replacement. I am doubtful that the bad reviews were enough to make them pull it and sell no case at all for their flagship reader all throughout December and January. Rather, I think it seems more likely that they were getting such an inordinate amount of refunds on the cases that they decided it would make better business sense to sell nothing at all.
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote