View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #13
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
How did it break? Did you get a message about unsupported firmware? If so, follow the instructions in the message - open the driver config and select the "Support newer firmware" option and then try again.

If you are getting another error message, can you please take a copy and post it. Maybe PM it to me so I can tell.
The exact error message is:

Quote:
Kobo database version unsupported:

Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a factory reset of your Kobo.
Your suggestion seem to bypass this issue.

Though I wait for an update for calibre.

------
Update
Looks like the metadata isn't working correctly.

I updated a book coverpage in cailbre, but this change is not reflected on the device.

Last edited by RZetlin; 04-16-2013 at 08:48 AM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote