View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #11
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
For me, the vast majority come from the process of writing - very little happens until I start making the words appear.
I'm finding this out about myself, too.

I can sit and burn brain cells casting about for ideas, and sometimes they come and sometimes they don't, but if I actually get myself typing ideas just pop out as the sentences take shape. Now I just need to be more disciplined about getting down to typing!

Or not necessarily down to it. I've experimented yesterday and this morning with writing standing up, by tilting my monitor and resting the keyboard on a small table popped on top of my desk. It worked remarkably well.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote