View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #115
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Since sleep mode works with the cgm mods, it isn't so bad.

You can also slide the switch over for 60 seconds, and it should turn off. (Granted, I've had trouble a couple of times and had to use the reset hole.)

The way your Aura gets stuck while rebooting is weird. I wonder if your file system is becoming corrupted with hard resets/powerdowns.
With the new script I never get to KoReader it reboots to the Kobo UI but I wouldn't say it was stuck while rebooting.

(With the old XOR_ script):
It doesn't get stuck while rebooting, it reboots just fine - only it reboots to the KoReader File Manager not out of KoReader and back to the Kobo UI. This is not really a problem for me as I am coming to prefer the KoReader. It is much more the all purpose ebook reader and not a frontend for Google Analitics or Kobo marketing. The hardware is great and with KoReader the software is headed in a better direction and has some potential.

I find Kobo's Tile UI to be very attractive but totally annoying when I want to look through my collection for something to read. KoReader isn't very fancy looking but it is much more of the practical ereader. The Kobo readers have limited themselves to just the two most popular formats in Canada, while the KoReader can handle a goodly number right now and given the nature of its development will most likely be able to handle any others that obtain a following. For me that it can read the many .pdb (Palm/eReader) files that I have on hand is a big plus. For a Russian it might be .fb2. But the main thing that I find of use is the ability to have a truly large library of ebooks that I can look through.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-08-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote