View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #21
MikeFromMesa
Enthusiast
MikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Color
We bought a PocketBook, which is a native Cyrillic ebook reader, for her son who specifically asked for that reader. But my wife said that she did NOT want that kind of reader for herself. She did not like the screen display and the slowness of the reader.

She is now used to using touch-screen lcd displays like the iPad and that is what she wants. The iPad itself would be fine if it were not so large and heavy. If I could find a native Cyrillic reader with a touch-screen lcd that was light, small and easy to use I would certainly consider buying it for her.

It seems surprising to me that there is not a regular bricks-and-mortar ereader store anywhere in the area where I live. There are plenty of electronics stores like BestBuy, but no place where you could find a really good set of ebook readers on display to play around with and choose. So I end up having to guess and buy something from some place like BestBuy and their selection is extremely limited - Kindle, Nook, Nook Color and a handful of tablets.

The Android tablets, like the Samsung Tab, have a lot of reader apps that would work, but something like the Nook Color, which is exactly the size and weight she would like, does not so I am trying to find a way to make it work for her.
MikeFromMesa is offline   Reply With Quote