View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 03:35 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Dickens's work is invaluable to me...

..and I'm so glad you're working on his books.

I'm a huge fan of a somewhat misunderstood novel by Dickens - "The Old Curiosity Shop" - a book I've read 3 times. I anxiously await that one, as you continue to work through his volumes.

At one time, when I was working on my Ph.D in Literature, [not completed], I considered working on Victorian literature and was thinking of concentrating on Dickens. I also own about 20 hardbacks of literary criticism on Dickens.

Wilkie Collins, whom I also enjoy, is like the Stephen King of shock fiction. I mean this in a positive sense. (I thoroughly enjoy both King and Collins.)

Thanks again,
Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-27-2007 at 03:38 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote