View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #41
skb
Addict
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Have you tried another battery? The one you put in might have been a dud.
A friend usually does things like this for me. He changed the batteries in both my Neos about 18 months ago. I didn't watch; didn't want to make him nervous that I was protecting my 'babies'.

I hope you find a solution and get your alphie up and running.
Actually, I never tried that. I'll give it another shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
That's a connection for a rechargeable battery. I've taken apart both Chinese built and U.S. built Neos. The U.S. ones seem to "fit" a bit better. And the screw-heads are slightly bigger. I don't know how much you save using slightly cheaper screws, but Alphasmart seems to have wanted to save it.
Not sure which mine is - it has copyright (or something) information about Australia & New Zealand. I didn't even know they were used here at all.

I'll try another battery. I'm getting less frightened to "examine the entrails" with every attempt (although, still careful).

You know, when I see how "simple" a NEO is, I wonder why the Freewrite didn't just copy it and put GT stripes on it and bring it up to date. Perhaps it's the clooooud that makes it so expensive.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote