View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 11:36 AM   #39
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
Well, if it wasn't dead before, I just killed it, I think.
I just bought a set of Torx drivers (I had a T10 but not a T6). All splendid. Managed to get the old battery out and the new one in without violence. But I think I must've broken something in the process because it's "Dead Jim" now. Or it was on its last legs. I was super careful and it didn't even flicker when I used the On button. I'll examine the corpse again today in case I've managed to knock something out (although it all looks "good"). There was one cable that sits next to where the battery cover screws in that was disconnected but although I didn't notice it on the first try, I can't see anywhere on the board etc where it plugs in. I think it may've been an un-used feature or something?

What is super depressing is that pulling apart computers and putting them back together again used to be my job. How quickly the knack vanishes.
Have you tried another battery? The one you put in might have been a dud.
A friend usually does things like this for me. He changed the batteries in both my Neos about 18 months ago. I didn't watch; didn't want to make him nervous that I was protecting my 'babies'.

I hope you find a solution and get your alphie up and running.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote