View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 09:02 AM   #15
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
And it looks like mildly complicated CSS throws them off as well. The book I'm working on looks good in Adobe Digital Editions on my pc, Windows Edge, Calibre's ebook viewer, Sigil's previewer, and Android Librera.

With Moon+ all of the lines are centered.
Moon+ is admirable in many ways but unfortunately not if you're looking for an app which does a good job honouring CSS. I think Moon+ prefers to push its feature of letting you override book CSS with standard settings in Moon+. Some people value that higher than close adherence to standard CSS (not me), particularly some of the 'newer' CSS styles.

I don't use Android Librera, so can't compare, but Pocketbook (by Obreey) is full-featured, free and does a good enough job for me. It has the benefit of having a choice of 2 renderers - one Webkit-based, the other (probably) Adobe-based.

Bookari (aka Mantano) has grown rather stagnant in recent years but it's always done a good job with CSS in EPUB2. It also has an additional EPUB3 reader if you get better results with that.

I haven't tested either for SVG recently but they both used to happily support .svg images. I don't think I've ever tried SVG text with either.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote