View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
TOC & .ncx query

Hello, please forgive any idiocy on my part with my inability to successfully implement what I suspect is probably a straightforward 'structure detection' setting within calibre. In essence I have a book in epub format that I am converting to mobi, the original epub file does not have an ncx component, but does have a TOC, but when you go to the TOC editor in Sigil it is blank, if I convert it to mobi, all the chapter headings and TOC are there but without the navigation bar at the bottom of the kindle screen - obviously due to the lack of the ncx file - not a deal breaker I know, but I'd still like to have it.
The original code is as below:
Code:
 <body>
  <div class="chapter" id="ch11">
    <p class="chapterTitle"><a href="../Text/contents.html#ch_11">Chapter 11</a></p>
  </div>
I have then added this to produce the ncx
Code:
<body>
  <h2 id="heading_id_2">Chapter 11</h2>
  <div class="chapter" id="ch11">
    <p class="chapterTitle"><a href="../Text/contents.html#ch_11">Chapter 11</a></p>
  </div>
The problem is that when I convert to mobi through calibre I end up with one page showing Chapter xx and then the next page as the normal chapter break, so it's almost as if I have 2 sets of info when I only read need 1 - I now do have the all important ncx file of course and the navigation bar is functioning - what I want to know is how to instruct calibre not to create a page break for the added component i.e. h2
Apologies if this somewhat rambling in nature
Cheers Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote