View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #29
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrdmn View Post
Ditto
I already explained this. Replacing the core Android libraries with cooked ones is potentially harmful (you do not know what was added/removed/altered in those libraries). The example I gave is clear enough: the Froyo port disables the battery monitoring service, meaning that if the battery overheats the device will not shutdown to protect itself.

That said, I believe that rooting the device (and this does not include flashing experimental builds like the Froyo port) is very unlikely to cause any harm.

The moral/legal dilemma of rooting and returning a damaged device is a different story altogether, and each one has his/her views.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote