View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 10:37 AM   #45
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
Doom Patrol and The Boys and the Mandalorian are the only shows I've watched and liked. Everything else didn't tempt me. The redlettermedia reviews of Picard are symbolic of the lack of understanding from the producers's and writer's behalf. I'd hate to come to the conclusion that this here is a golden age of TV. Oscars and Emmys or not.
What makes it a golden age isn't that *everything* is uniformly great for everybody.
That is never going to happen.

What makes it a golden age is that there is something for everybody with a ton of niche shows that would never have been optioned in other times, much less produced with movie-grade budgets.

(The same as with ebooks and the eternal backlist. We no longer have to settle for whatever is featured on the paid-for front tables or something from the stacks in a 30,000 book storefront. We now have access to millions of books at a moment's notice, something for every taste, and multiple streaming services with tens of thousands of hours of video each. All on demand, not by appointment if at all.)

None of those three shows would've existed a decade ago: Doom Patrol for being too (purposefully) weird, The Boys too gory for even pay cable, and Mandalorian too expensive.

There's plenty of stuff out there I don't like but as long as there is enough of what I do like I'm golden.

Last edited by fjtorres; 02-21-2020 at 10:45 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote