View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #14
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmaxx View Post
Either this or Calibre needs two sets of tags. For managing the books on Calibre lots of tags are good - helps to find and sort books in several different ways. But on the reader (PRS600) these tags currently translate into different collections. This is very annoying and makes finding a specific book amongst all the collections a pain.

I think it would be good to have a set of tags for organizing and a set of tags for managing the collections on the reader.
On my PRS 600 I use structured tags. For instance:

comics where I put items that I like to keep in a disordered heap
comics.pecos bill
comics.donald duck
comics.phantom
fiction
fiction.wallace
fiction.de botton
fiction.hemingway

and so with the rest of my books, using author or name or an other indicator
like in

philosophy
philosophy.plato
philosophy.aristoteles
philosophy.middleage
philosophy.reference (I put there a philosophical dictionary, books on history of philosophy ...)

where I use author, period of time, use and so on

each is treated as a separate collection. And it is not difficult to navigate around.

At the top I use special tags that start with a numeral

1.news
2.utilities (I put there the manual, the world fact book, dictionaries or encyclopedia if I ever will buy any,...)

I hope that this might be useful
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote